Thursday, December 16, 2010

apple of my eye

For those of you who do not know my most treasured of friends, you're seriously missing out.


That is my beautiful friend and sister, Melanie. Precious Mel has been gone and it has been a LOOOONG 4 months, well 20 weeks to be exact. She has been serving our King in Senegal, Africa, and while my selfish self was dreading her leaving, I can't help but be so proud to be her friend. Mel has the most generous and sweetest heart. I mentioned in a previous post how she was so influential in leading me to the Lord. And I'm sure that my story is like so many other. Unlike me, Mel has a gentle spirit that perpetually encourages and loves people, genuinely. She has probably the most impacting ministry just because she loves. She does very little that has to do with herself, her heart in focused on loving the Lord.

Mel and I have so many stories that are hilarious, insane, weird, and wonderful. She's been my best friend for about 5 years now, and part of that time we were in the throws of ECS. No mercy there. High school was ridiculous, and not for the reason that high school was ridiculous for most of you people, ours was... well just see for yourself.

this was a typical school day

all those plays

projects
 Which that is actually kind of funny because we made projects and our school building looked like the projects for about... oh forever. Seriously, our school didn't get an actual building until the end of our junior year. For the years before that, we were trailer trash.
 
ell, me, and mel
  I love this picture. We were the 3 craziest girls in the school, which with being crazy comes the added bonus of retarded stories; those range from normalish to completely absurd. I have more memories at that age, or from those years, that involve us than I have with my family at the same time. Mmm, best friends. :) Adoration is the best way I can describe how I feel about Mel. I absolutely adore her.


Mel, there are a million people that are busting to see you. I'm so honored that I get to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment