Tuesday, February 8, 2011

potterarians

I have an issue. I let books that I read affect my daily life. The biggest problem so far is the most wonderful books ever written ever, ever, ever Harry Potter series. As an avid fan, I have allowed my imagination to run wild (like that's any different from what I allow my mind to do anyway) and almost always link any conversation into "Potterarian" concepts. Btw, I totally have dibs on coining that word. Here are a few scenarios:

  • I was leaving my friend Alaura's house one night really late, or really early in the morning, and sleepiness had encroached upon me. It was painfully cold and all the water in any sewer or drainage ditch was steaming up from the ground. Her neighborhood has no lights on the street, not good for this girl who 1) is horribly directionally challenged and 2) is almost as blind as a bat, especially at night. I'm driving, I don't see it coming, but there's a drainage ditch ahead. (dun uh... dun uh...) I get closer. (dun uh, dun uh, dun uh...) WHITE MIST!!! All alone in the car I scream, "AHHH DEMENTOR!!!!". 
i totally saw this

  • I have just recently fallen in love with The Civil Wars. Their new album is called Barton Hollow. False. To me it's Godric's Hollow. 
  •  I use "disapparate" at least 3 times a week in regular conversation. My friends can vouch for this.
  • Sometimes, when I'm talking about Voldemort, I refer to him as "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named".
  •  Also, @Lord_Voldemort7 is one of the most influential tweeters in my day. That's mostly because he's hilarious and sometimes he says things that I always want to say, but I'm too afraid to type it out. So I retweet.
I think more so now than ever do my Potterarians surface, because I have friends finally reading the books. And probably because, and let's be honest people, being a muggle isn't all that it's cracked up to be, am I right? Also, knowing I could produce magical babies!! What?! Is anything cooler? I'll answer that for you. N-O. I know the guys are British, but let's get real, George and Fred? Yum. And Harry is presh... and for you sick Twilight fans, hellooo, Cedric Diggory.  Magic over glitter any day. Didn't you people see what happened to Mariah Carey after she did "Glitter"? She had to marry Nick Cannon to get popular again. Nobody needs to suffer like that. I don't know how I got to this point... Potterarians to Nick Cannon. Eh, whatevs. If my serious tangents haven't convinced you to read or reread these books, which wasn't my original intention, I know I've just convinced myself to reread them. Check 'em. I'll even help you purchase them... here you go. Remember, if you don't read them, you'll marry a Nick Cannon.

1 comment:

  1. aaaahhh!! Clara, you have made me SO happy! I am ALWAYS making Harry Potter references in my day to day conversations. I'm not kidding....everything leads back to Harry Potter is some way or other. It's nice to know I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete