Monday, November 22, 2010

Foodaholic

that plate contains happiness
So it's Thanksgiving week: THE GREATEST WEEK OF MY LIFE! I love food, I love family, and I love friends. Those 3 Fs will keep me happy for the rest of my life.
Thanksgiving already started for me this week/past weekend. My friends and I have a "super exclusive" friend group (not really, but it makes us feel important), and since we're all over the place this week, we jumped on that wagon and said "NOM NOM NOM... oh yeah, THANKFULNESS!"
fooooooooooood
We all pitched in and brought a nice little lay out of calories. Okay, pause--I'm going to be super sentimental. I was so happy we did this because, in my little head, I can see us doing this all the time until all of us move away, and even then I have hope that we'll still do something like this every year. I adore my friends. All of them, even when they're weird and in bad moods, I always remember how much fun we have, especially at gatherings like this, and it makes me so happy. I kinda covered 2 Fs just then, but I have more to come--and we're back!
Upon entering any Thanksgiving gathering, I imagine this is what Disney World would feel like for me--yeah, my parents deprived me of that joy. I see a table (Fig. 2) that is covered in wondrousness--word?--and I feel like it's Christmas morning. However, when I say "Christmas morning", the only thing I get way super excited about is the breakfast table. I don't know how I'm not 8 billion pounds right now.
Anyway, I love the side dishes at Thanksgiving. The meat is good, but the side dishes are where it's at. My favorite is favorites are: sweet potato casserole, stuffing, cranberry stuff my aunt makes, cornbread salad, deviled eggs, green bean casserole... I really could just keep going, but I should probably stop since I'm making myself hungry. I wasn't kidding when I said I love food.

No comments:

Post a Comment