Monday, November 29, 2010

Headin down the Atlanta Highway

I don't know why, but the strangest things always happen to me at the Atlanta Highway Starbucks. I'm not complaining by ANY means, they typically make good stories for later/right now, but still, weird.

First incident:
It was a random night and my friend Erin and I were hanging out there, finally playing catchup with our lives. We'd been there for about an hour before a man comes up to the table, looks at me, lays down a piece of paper, and says "You need to be bold and message this guy tonight." Oh do I? Really? How about I be bold and smack you in your face? He was too nice though, and he had on wonderful glasses, I couldn't bear hurting them. So I looked this "guy" up on my phone and he had one of those "fat guy" pictures. You know, the ones where the guy is way off in the distance trying to hide the fact that he's a fatty or that he has pock marks all over his face and looks like a piece of pepperoni pizza. I kind of disregarded it for the rest of the night until I got home. And HELLOOO! He looked like John Mayer, before drugs and the Olsen twins. Nice work new barrista friend, Michael. Story for the grandkids.

Second incident:
So today, I was there minding my own business/facebook stalking, when I had a friend go, "hey Clara! Are you busy?". Of course I'm busy!! I have to see what John did last night and if he posted pictures. And Jane got a new boyfriend, so if I'm not checking up on him, how many of her 1,153 friends will?! Well naturally I said, "Mmm, not really. What chu want guh?!". She says, "Make a new friend! This is Ross,". Oh my, look at you! You're adorable! And now I'm intrigued. "Hey new friend Ross, I'm Clara."  New friend Ross was looking for a church. Once I found out NFR was Methodist (insert face of impending doom here), I suggested some other churches for him. We are now facebook friends and hopefully he'll be joining me at my friend Brian's new church (it's hip and cool, 2Cities. Check it out.). Yay NFR!!!

So thank you Atlanta Highway Starbucks! You are giving me new, really cute, friends all the time. I think I'll continue to help keep you in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment