Saturday, November 13, 2010

Notable Quotes

I love quotes. More so recently. I don't know why I get into the things I do, but there is something about a quote, verse in a song/line from a movie/line from book/something someone says/nothing is off limits, that makes my imagination run and leap into the land of what if's. I've been collecting them every time I hear one that makes my heart pitter-patter. I pull out my handy dandy journal and jot them down. Then, if I'm lucky enough to have time, I muse on them. So... here I go:
"Like the crooked hem on your favorite childhood dress/ and the holes in my jeans from years of carelessness" / "Let's cut down the red tape and gather up the pieces from our youth/ because there's nothing we can't fix with some scissors and glue." 
I could keep going on that one. That's Sleeping At Last's "Next to me". Words of sweetness that I can barely get over. The whole song is wonderfully folksy and his voice makes me so happy. So do the harmonies. Gah! So good! And onto the next:
"It is through Christ's death that God's love becomes all the the more wondrous"
PA, my pastor, says things that always put me in awe. How true is that statement above? Would we have been able to fully experienced God's love and mercy if we hadn't been given Christ's death? Wondrous.
"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love me."
I love a sappy love story. I also ADORE Julia Roberts. Almost everything she does is 2 thumbs up worthy ( I would say everything, but I don't know everything she's done, and if she's been sketchy, I don't want to condone that).
"Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing after all."
Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite novels. I've read it at least 5 times. Every time I read it, I find something else I love about it. The humor, the sarcasm, the love story, the initial McDreamy that turns out to be a douche bag that everyone eventually hates, and the initial douche bag that everyone falls in love with. Who couldn't love that?! And Elizabeth, though jaded, much like me, hit the nail on the head. Think about your friends. The "not always there people", mainly the guys because that's what the quote is taking about... I'm not guy hating, promise, how funny are they? For girls, they're safe. They aren't really a threat because they have so many factors working against them, which I think was the point Eliza was trying to make. Fortunately, she was wrong.
YESSSSS!
(This actually supposed to read : "In vain I have struggled, it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you ardently I admire and love you.")  This is where my love for Darcy EXPLODED! I grew up watching the movies, so I was prepared for the ending and all the main plot twists when I read the book, but holy freaking crap. Reading those words... ugh. Powerful. I also love Old English. I wish people still spoke like that. Ardently? Vain? You must allow me?! Politicians could learn a thing or two from P & P. I could keep quoting that book for the rest of this post, but, ughhhh, I'll refrain.
i don't know you but i want you/ all the more for that words fall through me/ and always fool me and i can't react
Every time I hear The Swell Season sing this, it makes me ponder about my past. When I heard this song today though, the lines made me think about people I've just recently met. I'm a very visual person and when I see someone really attractive, words do become a stumbling block and I sound kind of like a fool. Then once my retardedness flows, there's no way I can retract my comments and I can't figure out how I am to react to what I said to remedy the situation. Ironically enough, guys with wonderful vocabulary and sentence structure give me goose bumps which does not bode well for my inability to speak, AND he's become even more attractive because he's rockin awesome grammar and I sound like more of a fool. Typical. However, on a deeper note, I think about how much I long to say words of affirmation to people I love. Then, when I come up empty handed, I feel like the vocabulary I've built up over the past 2 decades has all been in vain. That person has somehow gotten me to the point to being so enraptured that words literally fail me. There is nothing more wonderful or terrifying.
When the rain is blowing in your face and the whole world is on your case/ i could offer you a warm embrace to make you feel my love
Adele. She blows me away. For any of you people saying, "Clara. This is a Garth Brooks song. How DARE you quote a country song," chill. I love Adele's version. Her voice is so pure and gentle. Let me get in to saying why I love this line: I love hugs more than anything. I know when I'm having the worst of worst days, a "warm embrace" can literally do miracles. The first part makes me think of those little "I'll always be there for you" things that your mom might say. Probably why I like this one so much, because I could hear my mom saying something like this to me if I was upset.

like quotes
I have more quotes to come. Don't be surprised if most of them are from P & P. I'm re-re-re-re-re-re-reading it.















































No comments:

Post a Comment